Tuesday, June 30, 2009

food and the spirit

Best new dish today: Bread grilled over a fire, with melted sharp peccorino (sheep milk) cheese and honey. Wow

The spirit: I am following the wind completely (my inner voice that is). I entered a dark crumbly chruch this morning, not very nice but  I was drawn to it and especially to a small room in the back which held this ancient stone relief (circa 1000AD) of a Christ-like figure at the centre making the sign of peace and all sorts of plants and animals around it. It looked indigenous, or pagan, close to the earth anyways. I loved it. So much more than the usual ornate church decor.

Just read the best novel and it was set right here (literally the towns I am visiting are all mentioned in the book)  A great read about a man who follows his intuition and responds to a dream to save his town. So funny I laughed out loud often.  Called "Renato's Luck" by Jeff Shapiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment